Monday, February 8, 2010

Christians: do you search for evidence that proves your specific religion true and every other religion false?

Found any yet?Christians: do you search for evidence that proves your specific religion true and every other religion false?
Well they believe all the evidences are in their ';Holy Bible';...Christians: do you search for evidence that proves your specific religion true and every other religion false?
I look for things which 'test' my beliefs. If things ring true, then my beliefs are strengthened. If not then I modify my beliefs.





A bit like science really - and I am a scientist.





And a bit like atheists, I hope. They do 'test' their beliefs against the evidence, don't they? I mean, they are thinking beings, not just following blindly the mantra 'There is no god' - or should that be 'There is probably no god'?
What a horrible waste of energy, don't you think?





If religion is a human paradigm in which we try to install God, then, ALL religion is false.





And honestly, I don't understand why any believer has a hard time understanding this. This idea makes their beliefs no less legitimate. I am, after all, a Christian myself.





peace
yes of course I do.


I was not raised into church, I found God for myself when I was around 16.


I always question. I think its a good thing not to just take peoples word for something.
Christianity and research (beyond the Bible) seems to be something that does not happen very often.





:-)
if they researched anything they would have to think.
I don't think they look for evidence. They go by faith.
I don't need to search for the Truth. I've already found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment