Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is grabbing a camera out of someones hand because they are creating false evidence with it ';battery';?

I was detained for battery by a police officer after a family member was trying to create false evidence of abuse , because I grabbed a camera out of that persons hand to stop the creation of this false evidence. note- at no time did I ever touch them I only grabbed the camera , also I was not charged or booked for battery I was only detained. Was my action justified or was it battery. thank you .Is grabbing a camera out of someones hand because they are creating false evidence with it ';battery';?
As a member of the media if you had done that to me, the charges would have most likely been theft, and assault. Also if you want to get real technical it could possibly be a civil rights thing. If this was a family member it would probably go down as some sort of domestic violence charge.


Not knowing the whole story I can't give you an accurate answer but a camera in most situations documents instead of creates evidence.Is grabbing a camera out of someones hand because they are creating false evidence with it ';battery';?
is can be a battery or theft .. you took something forceably from a person.. assault happens when you hit someone .. tney had every right ti detain you

No comments:

Post a Comment